Posted on August 4, 2023
Account Manager – Sales
R+D Custom Automation, a leading, fast paced manufacturer of custom automation equipment for the medical industry, is seeking a team player who is a highly motivated, problem solver to join their Sales and Marketing department.
Compensation: Salary: $90,000 – $110,000
Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Life, PTO, Holidays, 401(k), Profit Sharing
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: This is an on-site role with possible consideration for hybrid, travel is required, up to 30% of the time.
Account Manager General Summary:
A successful outside Account Manager (AM) will manage and expand existing customer relationships and research & identify potential new customers within the Life Science industries which are in need of Automated Capital Equipment & Services. The AM will be capable of visiting, vetting, conceptualize and quote high probable customer opportunities. The AM will present the R+D solution to the customer with the goal of earning the sale (PO). The AM will constantly strive to add new business to their pipeline in support of the R+D Sales Strategy, while maintaining and growing existing customer relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pipeline Forecasting
- Responsible for developing a continuous and robust customer pipeline of R+D existing customers within the Life Science industries.
- Responsible for developing new customer pipelines, identifying and maintaining strong growth of new customers each year within designated sales territory.
- New Business
- Primary focus on developing existing customer pipelines aligned to meet individual and company quarterly & annual Bookings and Revenue targets.
- Secondarily strive to develop new business to meet individual and company quarterly & annual Bookings and Revenue targets.
- Coordinate all sales opportunities with Application Engineers & After Market Manager to generate the best possible solutions for our customers.
- Administer presentations to customers with the ability to describe R+Ds capabilities / capacities in a comprehensive manner.
- Account Management
- Manage customer relationships to maximize the opportunity with R+D.
- Act as liaison between active customers and in-house Project Managers, as needed.
- Manage, coordinate and deliver project quotes in a timely fashion to customers by properly assessing customer needs and managing internal process to deliver proper expectations.
- Have an active customer base to ensure bookings and sales revenue expectations per Sales Manager directed goals / targets.
- Strength in technical sales environment, supported by personal experience.
- Execute weekly sales goals in accordance with R+D’s sales plan.
- Participate in weekly department meetings and attend other meetings as needed.
- Update weekly sales follow-up calendar and quote forecasting databases.
- Understanding of Quote and Project submission processes as outlined in ISO documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, technical, business development or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of experience in the technical sales environment required (Capital Equipment related to the Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices or Life Sciences Industries preferred).
- Proven expertise in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs.
- Proven ability to be organized and manage multiple projects at a time with impeccable attention to details.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of engineering practices, including design for manufacturability, maintainability, reliability, safety and machine shop practices.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-up skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
A valid driver’s license and appropriate level of automobile insurance coverage, compliant with local and state laws are required.
Company Address: 11052 254th Court, Trevor, WI 53179