Posted on September 20, 2022
R+D Custom Automation, a leading, fast paced manufacturer of custom automation equipment for the medical industry, is seeking a team player who is a highly motivated, problem solver to join their Finance department.
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Profit Sharing
Compensation: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 (Plus Commission)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Environment: This is an onsite position. Travel as needed, up to 20% of the time.
Are you someone who takes pride in helping others achieve their goals? Are you looking to flourish in a rapidly growing company? Does that sound like you? If so, keep reading. We are looking for a hardworking and driven individual to join our team.
Responsible for the complete After Market Sales & Service process. This includes business development (identifying & developing new customer prospects) oversight & coordination of all Spare Parts, Field Service, Maintenance and Warranty activities. Ensure all customer commitments are completed to expectations, through a means of collaboration with R+D operational teams to execute all After-Market Sales orders and Warranty activities.
Partner with R+D Business Development Manager(s), Account Manager(s) & Project Managers to optimize customer relationships, positioning R+D to be their preferred automation supplier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
– Pipeline Forecasting
- Responsible for developing new customer pipeline of R+D approved customers within the Life Science industries for After-Market offerings.
- Responsible for maintaining active customer pipelines as well as identifying and new growth potential each year within After-Market sales segment.
- Collaborate with R+D Project Managers and/or Account Engineers to strengthen and grow customer relationships through the execution of customer POs.
– New Business
- Develop and grow new / existing customer relationships aligned with R+D Core Target Market for the After-Market business segment.
- Strive to develop new business to meet individual and company quarterly & annual Bookings and Revenue targets.
- Deliver highly interested and vetted customers to R+D Sales Team as needed to help close business.
- Administer presentations to customers and be able to describe R+Ds After-Market capabilities in a comprehensive manner.
– Account Management
- Manage customer relationships to maximize the After-Market opportunities with R+D.
- Act as liaison between active customers and R+D Operations Team as needed.
- Manage, coordinate and deliver project quotes in a timely fashion to customers by properly assessing customer needs and managing internal process to deliver proper expectations.
- Have an active customer base to ensure bookings and sales revenue expectations per Sales Manager directed goals / targets.
– Operational Coordination
- Upon receipt of customer P.O., the After-Market Manager then processes that order using R+D’s Operational Teams, Processes. The AMM continues / retains oversight responsibility for all project activity within the After-Market sales segment.
- Ensure complete fulfillment of all After-Market Sales POs, which may at times include functioning as a Project Manager.
- Coordinate with Project Management Team & Manufacturing Manager in the case of System Installation activities.
- Coordinate Field Service activities with our Mechanical & Electrical Build Teams and / or Controls Engineers, it will be important to collaborate with the appropriate operational department manager for resource support & availability.
- Strength in technical sales environment, supported by personal experience.
- Execute weekly/monthly sales goals in accordance with R+D’s sales plan.
- Participate in weekly department meetings and attend other meetings in Sales Manager’s absence as needed.
- Update weekly sales follow up calendar and quote forecasting databases.
- Understanding of Quote and Project submission processes as outlined in ISO documents.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Education and Experience/Skills Required:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Technical Sales or equivalent work experience with knowledge in related design and basic mechanical and electrical principles required.
2. 5 – 7 years of experience working in a technical / equipment manufacturing environment with a proven technical aptitude.
3. Working knowledge of engineering practices including design for manufacturability, maintainability, and reliability of machinery.
4. Excellent organizational, time management and follow-up skills.
5. Proven expertise in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
6. Proven ability to be organized and manage multiple projects at a time with impeccable attention to details
7. Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
9. Excellent organizational, time management and follow-up skills
10. High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Professional Licensing and/or Certifications Required: Valid driver’s license and appropriate level of automobile insurance coverage compliant with local and state laws.
This is an onsite position. Travel as needed, up to 20% of the time.